OpenEmbeDD / Installation
Install a JVM
- First, download and install a JVM (JRE or JDK), if one is not already installed.
- Regardless of your operating system, you will need to install some Java virtual machine.
- If using Windows, you may already have one installed, but upgrading won't hurt.
- If using Linux, read this.
- Consider an IBM JDK or a Sun JDK. See below for minimum requirements.
- OpenEmbeDD 0.3.0 jvm 5.0
OpenEmbeDD 0.2.0 jvm 5.0
OpenEmbeDD 0.1.0 jvm 1.4.2
Skip if you want the full platform via the zip bundle installation.
- Finally, install OpenEmbeDD.
- If downloading OpenEmbeDD as a zip, see OpenEmbeDD Download.
- The zip bundle :
- Once your zip is downloaded, you have simply to unpack it into a location of your choice, this is the full OpenEmbeDD platform which contains all users tools. Nothing else is necessary if you are not a developper.
- The zip user plugins package :
- Once your zip is downloaded, just unpack it into your ~/eclipse/features/ and ~/eclipse/plugins/ folders and restart Eclipse.
- Advanced: use a .eclipseextension file to install outside your main Eclipse install folder.
Via Update(advanced user)
- If installing OpenEmbeDD via Update, see OpenEmbeDD Update Manager Site.